Building on the success of the 4th annual Excellence in Paediatrics conference in Madrid, EiP has always dedicated itself to the needs of children globally and that was reflected in our delegates who came from over 90 different countries. Several features distinguish the EiP congress
- Clear learning objectives articulated in advance of each session so that delegates can know what they can expect to learn if they attend
- Practical, hands on, interactive sessions that engage participants in “real world” examples through the use of tele-voting
- A relentless focus on continuing quality improvement. We ask delegates to evaluate each session and the extent to which it met its learning objectives and provided useful clinical information.
- Engagement of the community in setting the agenda for the conference. Please suggest topics and speakers using this online tool. >Click here to nominate a speaker or topic
- Courses. This year, EiP will introduce disease-focused courses that will provide in depth training in diagnosis and management. People who complete them will be awarded certificates of attestation. >Click here to find out more
- Ask the expert sessions. This year, EiP will also have case based discussions where clinicians pose actual cases related to a specific problem to an expert who will engage in a discussion related to diagnosis or management. >Click here to find out more
This year, in our ongoing pursuit of our mission to improve child health and health care globally, I am pleased to announce that the 5th edition will be in Doha Qatar from the 4th-7th of December 2013.
For the Institute holding our congress in Qatar was a strategic decision that will strengthen EiP’s ability to deliver advanced Paediatric education where it is needed most, advancing global healthcare for children, especially in emerging markets. Qatar's strategic position and cultural characteristics are supporting its role as a knowledge-bridge between the world’s most influential communities, offering easy access to the global Scientific Community and serving as a crossroad between East and West. The combination of the collective international scientific knowledge, with the country's state-of-the-art infrastructure and the usage of modern communication technologies, will facilitate our mission to deliver high quality education to Children Health Care Professionals globally.
In every sense the 5th edition will be a turning point for Paediatric education, with:
- More than 90 top academics and international KOLs as speakers
- 10 Schools / workshops - Interactive Case studies
- 5 Multi-stake Holders Summits as part of Initiatives
- Ministerial Summit on Children’s Environmental Health
- More than 20 Parents' Talks with participation of media representatives, Parents' Associations, IAPO, Schools of Health in Europe & International Teachers Association
As always, we will welcome leading experts from around the world, who will share cutting edge information and practical tips that will improve the care you deliver on the Monday morning after the conference. Please join us for what promises to be another outstanding congress.
You are very welcome to explore our conference website and join us in Qatar
Prof. Dimitri A. Christakis, MD, MPH
Chairman of Excellence in Paediatrics
George Adkins Professor of Pediatrics, University of Washington
Director of the Center for Child Health Behavior and Development at the Seattle Children’s Research